Distributor retools sales compensation system for automation and profits
100+ compensation plans managed from single platform
A single no-code data repository configured for all lines of business
Improved sales results with timely and actionable information
A major distributor of building materials and construction supplies was using spreadsheets and desktop databases to compile metrics from invoice line-item detail to support 100+ incentive compensation plans across several lines of business. The sales organization wanted to redesign their processes for maximum efficiency by using a single platform.
The company’s profit-driven incentive compensation strategy was being hindered by the manual, inflexible nature of the existing system and its inherent deficiencies:
· The company was unable to properly validate and secure its data or processes;
· Analysts were unable to enact desired plan changes in a timely manner because the system was not easily configurable by business users;
· Payment adjustments, adjustments to sales data, and the process for assigning plans for new hires and transfers were not adequately automated to ensure error-free processing; and
· Information access and reporting at every level, as well as outputs required by other departments, were all in need of enhancements.
With the Optymyze unified, no-code platform for data, analytic, planning, and business process automation, a single data repository was configured for all lines of business.
With the Optymyze unified, no-code platform for data, analytic, planning, and business process automation, a single data repository was configured for all lines of business. This automated solution supports the unique incentive compensation requirements of each business, eliminating the shortcomings of the former manual processes:
· Automated data management processes now ensure that the data is valid, secure, and auditable;
· Business users have the ability to develop and change applications, ensuring a rapid response to any change in data, plans, or reports;
· Automated workflows enable tracking of plan assignments, sales, payment adjustments, and routing of this data to the correct people for review and approval.
The solution was further extended by creating interactive dashboards, alerts, and concise role-based reporting. This provides everyone, from salespeople to senior management, with timely, relevant, and actionable information that drives improved sales results. In addition, complete and accurate general ledger entries related to incentive compensation are generated automatically each period.